Livestock Health & Disease Control Programme
This umbrella scheme aims for prevention, control and containment of Livestock diseases through vaccination, treatment, awareness creation, training etc. It has two schemes NADCP and LH & DC.
A) NADCP has 2 sub-schemes
- Foot & Mouth Disease Control Programme (FMD-CP): This sub-scheme aims to control of FMD disease by vaccinating all cloven footed domesticated animals against FMD. Vaccination has not started yet.
- Brucellosis Control Programme (Brucella-CP): This sub-scheme aims to control of Brucellosis disease by vaccinating all female calves between the age group of 4 to 8 months against Brucellosis. First phase of vaccination was done on mission mode from 20/09/2021 to 25/09/2021 and total of 7.41 lakhs vaccine dose was performed. Second phase is going to be held from 21/03/2022 to 02/04/2022.
B) Livestock Health & Disease Control (LH & DC) scheme has 4 sub-schemes
- Peste des Petits Ruminants Eradication Programme (PPR-EP):
It is a Central Sector component with 100% central assistance with an aim to vaccinate entire sheep and goat population over 4 months of age, healthy and non- pregnant animal with PPR vaccine. The sole objective is to eradicate the disease by 2030 through 4 years carpet vaccination and surveillance programme.
- Classical Swine Fever Control Programme (CSF-CP):
It is a Central Sector component with 100% central assistance with an aim to vaccinate entire pig population over 3 months of age, healthy and non- pregnant animal with CSF vaccine. The sole objective is to control the disease by vaccination of eligible population and surveillance programme.
- Establishment and Strengthening of Veterinary Hospitals and Dispensaries (ESVHD)- Mobile Veterinary Units:
MVU is customized fabricated vehicle with equipments of diagnosis, treatment, minor surgery, audio visual aids for veterinary health care services at farmers’ doorstep on the basis of calls received from farmers at state level call centre.
- Assistance to States for Control of Animal Diseases (ASCAD):
This sub scheme aims for vaccination against economically important livestock and poultry diseases, surveillance & monitoring of important livestock and poultry diseases, strengthening of laboratories, control of emergence and exotic livestock and poultry diseases by strengthening disease control, publicity, awareness, training and research.
Physical Achievement for 2020-21
|Name of Disease
||Vaccination done (No of doses in lakhs)
|BQ ||1.83031 lk|
|HS ||2.27523 lk|
|Swine Fever ||0.79614 lk|
|Goat Pox ||28.01964 lk|
|Duck Cholera ||5.26454 lk|
|RD F1 ||62.96756 lk|
|RD R2B ||77.99121 lk|
|Fowl Pox ||4.66497 lk|
|Duck Plague ||11.02253 lk|
|Anti Rabies Vac ||0.86448 lk|
|No of Dist Level Animal Health Camp||46|
|No of Block Level Animal Health Camp||2053|